As a FPGA Designing Intern at Istuary, you will develop and test FPGA image for the company?s network SoC technologies, including smart network storage controller IC and network switch/router IC with security feature in place. This is a great opportunity for a sharp individual to learn from some of the most experienced hardware and system engineers as you assist them in the design and validation of SoC blocks.
- You will help understand and simulate different SoC blocks such as memory controller, off-load CPU core, network processing core, etc.
You will also create and track appropriate design documentation as well as participate in design reviews.
Each day will offer new challenges and opportunities asyou tackle a variety of tasks including:
- Working under the guidance of a senior hardware engineer, design and simulate high-quality network SoC blocks.
- Working under the guidance of a senior engineer, closely working with firmware engineer, help in testing and debugging design issues.
- Produce well-written documentation including requirements, design specifications, code reviews and other as required.
- Work in cross-functional teams to communicate user risks, discuss mitigation strategies and agree upon product requirements
- Be actively working towards a 4-year degree in engineering from an accredited college, completed courses in digital and analog circuits.
- Have academic or industry-related project-work experience in FPGA design, strong C and Verilog/VHDL programming skills.
- Ability & willingness to work full time during internship period (usually 8-12 months or up).
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) in English, understanding mandarin is a plus.
- Must be local to Vancouver (BC) or Ottawa or Toronto to fulfill this on-site role
Register/Login to Apply
- Prior experience in network knowledge and protocols preferable